Expert instruction from our Baristas for the perfect pour-over coffee with your Hario V60.
- V60 Dripper
- V60 Filter Paper
- Digital kitchen scales
- Timer (we used our phone for this)
- Coffee (18g ground for filter)
How to Brew:
- Take the V60 paper and fold the edge on itself. Place the paper in the V60 dripper and place the dripper onto your mug.
- Rinse the filter paper with plenty of hot water. Empty the water from the mug and place the V60 back on.
- Pour the ground coffee into the filter paper. Give it a gentle shake to even out the bed of ground coffee. Place the V60 and mug on your scales and reset to zero.
You’re now ready to brew:
- Start your timer and pour 66g hot water in 10 seconds; starting from the centre and working your way outwards in a circular motion until all the coffee grounds are covered in water. This is a quick pour to achieve a 'bloom' where you see water bubbles.
- After 30 seconds, start pouring again in concentric circles always aiming to keep the v60 around two thirds full and the coffee grounds immersed until you reach 300g which should be achieve in around 180 seconds / 3 minutes