Expert instruction from our Baristas for the classic french press.
- French Press / Cafetiere
- Digital kitchen scales
- Timer (we used our phone for this)
Coffee / Water Ratio
- 3-cup = 17g coffee / 275ml water
- 4-cup = 27g coffee / 430ml water
- 8-cup = 54g coffee / 860ml water
How to Brew:
- Fill your French press with hot water. Leave the hot water to heat up the French Press including plunger before discarding this water.
- Pour the ground coffee into the French Press using the correct ratio and gently shake it to settle.
- Add about half your water into the French Press and start your timer.
- At the 30 sec mark, gently give your coffee a stir to make sure all the grounds are well saturated.
- Fill the French Press with the remaining water and place the lid on, plunger pulled up.
- Wait for 4 minutes. Then softly push down the plunger to filter the coffee from the water.