October 29, 2020
Expert instruction from our Baristas for the perfect pour-over coffee with your Mokapot.
How to Brew
- Weigh out your coffee and get the kettle boiling
- Fill the basket (this sit's between the upper and lower chambers of the moka pot) with ground coffee and level off the top - don’t tamp the coffee as this will change the pressure and affect how your coffee brews.
- Next, fill the bottom chamber of your moka pot with boiling water (to just under the safety-valve).
- Place the full coffee basket into/on top of the bottom chamber of water. Use a tea towel to hold these pieces in place and screw the upper chamber of the brewer into place.
- Set the brewer over a medium heat. Once the coffee begins to bubble into the top chamber, switch the heat off and the remaining heat will finish the brewing with residual steam pressure.
- After all the coffee has come out and your brew is done, pour away and enjoy your moka pot.