Expert instruction from our Baristas for the perfect pour-over coffee with your Hario V60.
- Take the V60 paper and fold the edge on itself. Place the paper in the V60 dripper and place the dripper onto your mug.
- Rinse the filter paper with plenty of hot water. Empty the water from the mug and place the V60 back on.
- Place the ground coffee in the filter paper and give the V60 a gentle shake to even out the bed of ground coffee. Place the V60 and mug on your scales and reset to zero.
- With the first pour of water, we want to achieve around 3x the weight of the coffee (66g) in about 10 seconds, so it’ll be a relatively quick pour. So, start your timer and start your pour, starting from the centre and working your way outwards in a circular motion.
- After your initial pour of 66g, wait for 30 seconds whilst the coffee blooms. Start pouring again, from the centre outwards in a circular motion and aim to keep the V60 around two thirds full. Continue pouring until your scales hit 320g, which you should try and achieve in around 2mins. We’re aiming for a total brew time of around 2min 45sec.
- Once all the water has drained through the bed of coffee, remove the V60 from your mug & discard the wet grounds and paper filter.
- Your coffee has now been brewed. The coffee will change flavour as it cools, so take some time to drink it. Enjoy!