Expert instruction for the perfect cup of coffee using your French Press.
FRENCH PRESS EQUIPMENT NEEDED
- French Press
- Ground Coffee (coarse)
- Kettle with water just off boiling
- Digital Kitchen Scales
French Press Coffee Ratio:
- 3-cup = 17g coffee / 275ml water
- 4-cup = 27g coffee / 430ml water
- 8-cup = 54g coffee / 860ml water
- Start by filling the French Press with hot water. Leave the hot water to heat up the French Press including plunger before discarding this water.
- Place the ground coffee into the French Press using the correct ratio and gently shake it to settle.
- Go ahead and add about half your water into the French Press and start your timer.
- At the 30 sec mark, gently give your coffee a stir to make sure all the grounds are well saturated.
- Fill the French Press with the remaining water and place the lid on, plunger pulled up.
- Wait for four minutes, then slowly push down the plunger to filter the coffee from the water.
- Your coffee has now been brewed. The coffee will change flavour as it cools, so take some time to drink it. Enjoy!