How to Brew
- Take the filtropa paper and fold the edge on itself. Remove the lid and then place the paper in the Clever dripper.
- Rinse the filter paper with plenty of hot water and then drain the water into your mug and throw out the rinse water. We do this to pre-heat both the brewer and the mug whilst rinsing the paper.
- Pour the ground coffee in the filter paper and give the brewer a gentle shake to even out the bed of ground coffee. Once that’s done, place the brewer on your scales and zero it. The mug remains at the side for now we use that at the end to release the brew.
At this point you’ll want your kettle to be boiling. If you have a temperature controlled kettle look to use 92-95C depending on the results you would like to achieve.
- Start your timer as you begin to pour, you’ll be looking to achieve 250g with the water making sure you cover all over the coffee as you pour.
- At the 1:00 mark, use your spoon to stir the coffee and make sure everything is incorporated with the water. This is one of the benefits of using a Clever Dripper, it has the immersion brew characteristics of a french press but the filtering clarity of a V60.
- After you’re done stirring a few times, place the lid on top and allow the coffee to brew for an additional 3 minutes.
- At the 4:00 mark, place the brewer on top of your mug which will release the valve and allow the coffee to draw down.
- After the coffee has completely finished drawing down, throw the filter away and sit back and enjoy your cup!
Expert instruction from our Baristas for the perfect pour-over coffee with your Clever Dripper.